And why joie de vue? Chiefly because we must treat time as a path down which we walk by our own feet, by our own power, with our own will to progress even though, in truth, time will carry us, conveyor like, whether or not we press forward. But we must own the progression of time in our lives: take the future as something to reach, and not just to let arrive.
I am not timber, clamped to a belt that ratchets towards the buzz saw of death. I am a man, and I will walk all the way, by my own feet, to my own purposes, and be in possession of my time, until I am cut asunder.
I will own myself and leave others glad that it is I and not they, and not fate, and none other, that so owns. I will reverence will; I will reverence love. I'll walk. Nobody and nothing will carry me but that which cannot be stopped, and even then, I will moonwalk upon the conveyer belt of time, as if the passage of my hours were by my own two feet.
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment